Our campsite is ideally located in the heart of Southern Ardèche. Visit wild and pitoresque territories and embark on a real geographical historical and cultural journey. Discover the region’s scenic villages, visit the Pont d’Arc bridge, and go on hikes in the nature park and Gorges of the Ardèche reserve. In addition to being ideally situated, just a few kilometers from the town centre and the tourism office, the closest supermarket is a 25-minute walk from the campsite, along the greenway that runs alongside the campsite. By car, it’ll take you 5 minutes to get there (2.5 km).
For more information and recommendations, take a look at our digitial welcome kit:
The village is located fully South of the Ardèche, at the confluence of the Ardèche, Beaume, and Chassezac rivers, and close to the Gorges of the Ardèche territory. Ruoms is part of the canton of Vallon-Pont d’Arc. From medieval vestiges to wineries, come and learn about the cultural heritage of the town and stroll through its quaint streets. The campsite is located 2.5 km from shops: you’ll find a shopping centre with a supermarket and a petrol station. Your holidays made easy! Direct access via the greenway, on foot or by bike!
Entertainment in Ruoms:
- Friday morning market
- Night market in July and August on Wednesday evenings
- Aluna Festival: 3 days of concerts in June
- Wine Festival on the first Sunday of August
- Truffle market
- International pétanque competition, mid-September
On offer in Ruoms throughout the Summer season: circuses, monster truck shows, and more! RUOMS also has a cinema!
- The Défilés du Ruoms and Ruoms Gorges has roads built in the 19th century and connect the Cévennes region forecountry (Ruoms) and the central Ardèche valley (Largentière).
- Ancient limestone quarries
- Old breweries, built in 1876 and closed since 1967
- Airfield nearby
- The Néovinum wine museum – fun and educational discovery of Ardèche wines
“Villages of character” in the Ardèche
“Villages of character” is a quality charter that bringing together villages with a strong historical past, and that show their determination to preserve their heritage while still welcoming curious visitors. Come and discover them!
- Balazuc, awarded the “Most beautiful villages of France” nomination: wander through the town’s calade maze for a real taste of the South!
- Banne: its shady square, medieval fort and 12th century church are located at the foot of the Cévennes.
- Labeaume: roam the town’s surrounding scrubland and depart on a quest to find the 140 dolmens! To end you day, visit the town’s suspended gardens.
- Vinezac, surrounded by luxurious vineyards, discover the welcoming architecture and white and ocre-tainted stonework
- Vogüé, visit the “Château des Seigneurs” castle and wander through the narrow streets of the village until you reach the river beach.
Vallon Pont d’Arc and the Ardèche gorges
Vallon Pont d’Arc is located at the gateway to the Ardèche Gorges and its famous Pont d’Arc, a true nature reserve.
This spectacular limestone canyon has been dug over the centuries by the Ardèche river, the emblematic arch of the 54-metre high Pont d’arc is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site with the Chauvet cave, known as the Grotte Chauvet II, Ardèche.
With its panoramic road, its many viewpoints, and its wild goats, the gorges of the Ardèche attract many visitors every year in search of discovery, escape, and outdoor activities: hiking and canoeing.
Discover our local produce
The Ardèche is a region you can almost literally eat! Arouse your taste buds at typically provençal Summer markets! On the menu: goat’s cheese, Ardèche charcuterie (including the well-known Caillette), olives in as many different forms anyone could possibly think of (as tapenade, to savour poured on a spoon, etc.), wine, and the region’s sun-gorged fruit and vegetables. But don’t forget to make a stop to discover the region’s renowned chestnut produce!
There are many museums around the Chapoulière campsite. They tell the story of the region’s savoir-faire and heritage. Discover our beautiful region by visiting these educational sites.
- Néovinum: after a 30-minute walk along the greenway, discover life as a wine-grower through a series of images – Ruoms
- Alphonse Daudet museum: in a proveçal mas, learn about the heritage of our region – Saint-Alban-Auriolles
- The crocodile famr: learn about the fascinating world of reptiles and observe 600 animals et 600 tropical plant species – Pierrelatte
- The lavender museum: learn about the magical transformation of this sun-filled flower – Saint Remèze
- The Caverne of Pont d’Arc Ardèche, a unique journey through the history of humanity – Vallon-Pont-d’Arc
- The Châtaigneraie chestnut tree museum: learn about all things chestnut – Joyeuse
The Caves of the Ardèche
The caves of the Ardèche are an integral part of Southern France’s cultural heritage. Visit remains of the prehistoric era and let yourself be subjugated by the beauty of these natural caves, created gradually over time. To access the Aven cave, visitors have to climb a set of steps. Other natural subterraneous caves have at least one portion with horizontal access.
- L’Aven Marzal and its prehistoric zoo – perfect for family time – located in the Gorges of the Ardèche, in Saint Remèze
- The Madeleine cave – we recommend you go up to its belvedere to admire one of the most beautiful views of the Ardèche Gorges! – Gorges of Ardeche
- The Aven d’Orgnac cave – Discover the cave’s millennial-old – Orgnac
- The St Marcel cave – Gorges of the Ardèche
The castles of Ardèche
Whether they are simple ruins of the past, under renovation or preserved and even classified as “historic monuments”, you will find many castles in the four corners of our beautiful Ardèche to welcome you and bring you back to life moments of history.
- Château des Roure, one of the most beautiful remains of the medieval era
- La Bastide de Virac
- Château de Ventadour, discover a thousand-year-old place under renovation since 1969 – Meyras
- Château de Montréal, immerse yourself and your family in the days of the knights – Montréal
- Château de Voguë, from its cobbled streets to its castle where history and art meet – Voguë
- Château de Largentière, attend one of its shows “at the time of knights” – Largentière
Strolls and bike rides
Discover out beautiful region on foot, on mountain bike rides, on horseback, or by car. Our campsite is at the heart of Southern Ardèche. Take full advantage of our location to discover the richness of our territory and admire such a diverse landscape – a main specificity of our beautiful region.
- The Pont d’Arc bridge, a majestic natural monument
- The nature reserve of the Gorges of the Ardèche offers a landscape of water, rock, and wild goat.
- Take a walk around Sampzon’s rock
- Font-Vive and Le Chastelas, with crystal-clear water and castle architecture
- The breathtaking Rochecolombe waterfall and its beautifully quaint ruelles
- The suspended gardens of Labeaume
- Le Gour de la Sompe – Lagorce
- The magnifient Cirque des Gens circus – Chauzon
- Neolithic dolmens – Saint-Alban-Auriolles
- The forest of Païolive and its mysteries – Les Vans
- The Ibie velley between Vallon-Pont-D’arc and Villeneuve de Berg
- The Brison tower, and its breathtaking view – Sanilhac
- Le Pont du Diable bridge, where the River Ardèche originates – Thueyts
- The Mont Gerbier de Jonc mountain in Sainte Eulalie
Or simply take a walk through the Garrigues pathways, lined with colourful lavander.
At reception,find leaflet guides on mountain biking and hiking to discover the region.
Fun and sports activities
The Ardèche is also its outdoor activities! Benefiting from a favourable Mediterranean climate, to fully enjoy the great outdoors, come and discover the joys of the great outdoors with family and friends.
- The prehistoric zoo of Aven Marzal, walk in a wooded park surrounded by life-size dinosaurs ! Playground for children, visit possible coupled with the Aven Marzal – Saint Remèze (reservation possible at the campsite)
- Air Jey Filet, alternative activity park to the tree line, here no harnesses! You are secured by nets, which allows you to evolve freely! – Ruoms
- The educational farm, participate in the daily life of the farm, cuddle, feed the animals…- Lussas
- Le Parc de loisirs Isla Cool Douce – Chauzon
- Accrobranch, adventure trail in the trees – Grospierres
- Bungee jumping, for the more adventurous – Jaujac
- Hang on to the branches in Vallon-Pont-d’arc (reduced rates from the campsite)
- Paintball in Vallon-Pont-d’Arc (reduced rates from the campsite)
- Climbing sites: Berrias and Casteljau, Chauzon, Fontgarnide (Salavas)
Outings organized with our partners:
- Equitation : Chavetourte equestrian farm, booking possible from the campsite
- Canoë-kayak : booking your possible descent from the campsite
- Canyoning, speleology, stand up paddle : Bookings from the campsite with Ceven’Aventure
For more information go to our digital welcome booklet